What materials do you need to build a raft?
You will need:
- Ten logs 12 inches in diameter and 11 feet in length.
- Four logs ten inches in diameter and seven feet in length.
- 100 feet of heavy rope or twine.
- Wood carving knife.
- Wood file or rasp.
- Measuring tape.
- Six sheets of styrofoam 24 inches wide by 56 inches long and one inch thick.
- Five wooden slats ten feet long.
Do popsicle sticks float?
The stick is wood. Do you think other things made of wood, like a popsicle stick or wooden building block, will also float? … Yes, because if wood floats then other things made out of wood should also float.
How do you make a boat with Popsicle sticks and straws?
Making your boat
- Cut your straws in half. …
- Glue the straws together in halves. …
- Glue the paper triangle to the popsicle stick to make the sail.
- Glue the popsicle stick to one half of your boat.
- Glue the two halves together so the the popsicle stick sail is in the middle.