The PADI Seal Team Program
Have you ever wondered what it’s like to dive with flashlights, take digital pictures underwater or float effortlessly like an astronaut? These are AquaMissions that introduce you to wreck, navigation, buoyancy, underwater photography, environmental awareness and more.
Here’s your chance to do some cool stuff in the pool, meet friends and share in the adventure of the underwater world.
The PADI Seal Team Program is available every day. The duration of the program is around 4 hours (morning or afternoon). You can even choose whether you want a male of female PADI Instructor! Check our Youth Programs Price list.
The Fun Part
The best part of the Specialty AquaMissions is they reinforce safe diving skills while the kids are having fun. PADI Seals get to sample a wide variety of dives.
In addition, it provides parents with a structured program that lets their children develop skills, learn about the aquatic environment and have a lot of good, clean fun. This is also an excellent way to introduce kids to scuba diving prior to full Open Water Diver certification.
What You Learn
The PADI Seal Team program is broken into two parts.
Part one, AquaMissions 1 – 5, teaches kids the basics of diving – things like buoyancy control, mask clearing, regulator recovery, etc.
After building a solid foundation of scuba skills, kids move on to part two. Part two is full of Specialty AquaMissions, which usually last about an hour.
Each Specialty AquaMission is a separate dive (a separate PADI Seal Team Session).
There are Ten (10) Aqua Mission Specialist adventures
- Aqua Mission ID Specialist (Identify at least one aquatic creature using a hand signal)
- Aqua Mission Environmental Specialist (Perform basic search pattern for underwater clean-ups)
- Aqua Mission Inner Space Specialist (Underwater buoyancy controlled by inhalation/exhalation)
- Aqua Mission Navigation Specialist (Demonstrate how to set a compass heading underwater)
- Aqua Mission Night Specialist (Demonstrate how to use a torch)
- Aqua Mission Safety Specialist (Demonstrate a cramp removal on self and buddy)
- Aqua Mission Search & Recovery Specialist (Lift a small object using a lift bag)
- Aqua Mission Skin Diver Specialist (Snorkel swim at the surface without using hands)
- Aqua Mission Snapshot Specialist (Use an Underwater Camera with composition principles)
- Aqua Mission Wreck Specialist (Measure a submerged simulated wreck & record on a slate)
PADI Seal Team
- Helps children learn responsibility
- Teaches children about the aquatic environment
- Is a fun pool-only experience
- Is conducted by certified, trained PADI Professionals
The Scuba Gear You Use
Children use all the basic scuba gear, which is made for their size and stature.
Check with us about gear rentals and packages offered with this program.
The Learning Materials You Need
Calling all Seal Team recruits: The Seal Team crewpak includes everything a PADI Seal Team member needs to prepare for their AquaMissions. Video on DVD? Check! Activity book? Check! Log book pages? Check! You are now cleared for an underwater adventure . . .
To participate in PADI Seal Team, a child
- Must be at least 8 years old
Your Next Adventure
Upon successful completion of the first five AquaMissions, students become PADI Seal Team members. Upon successful completion of 10 additional specialty Aqua Missions, students become Master Seal Team members