Exploration, Excitement, Experiences.
You’ll hone your skills by completing five adventure dives that introduce you to:
- Underwater navigation
- Deeper water diving (typically anywhere from 18-30 metres/ 60-100 feet)
- A sampler of three more Adventure Dives of your choice
The Fun Part: Your Choice
One reason you’ll love the Advanced Open Water Diver course is that you and your instructor choose from 15 types of Adventure Dives to complete your course. You can try your hand at digital underwater photography, drift diving, night diving, Nitrox diving, peak performance buoyancy and much more.
To take this course, you must be:
- A PADI Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organisation)
- 15 years old (12 for Junior Advanced Open Water Diver)
Start the Advanced Open Water Divers Course online!PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course is part of PADI eLearning®. The Advanced Open Water Diver Course Online gets you started right now with the background information you need for the seven of the most popular Adventure Dives (though you and your instructor can still choose any of the Adventure Dives.) Start Now!
What You Learn
The knowledge and skills you get in the Advanced Open Water Diver course vary with your interest and the adventures you have, but include
- Practical aspects of deep diving
- Physiological effects of deeper scuba diving
- More ways to use your underwater compass
- How to navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks and time
- How to better use your dive computer and electronic Recreational Dive Planner™ (eRDP™)
And much, much more, depending on the Adventure Dives you choose!
How long does it take?
The PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course takes only 2 days in which you do 5 dives from our boat MV Mantaray.
What is included?
- Two full day trips with MV Mantaray
- Your personal Advanced Open Water Diver Manual
- Certification fee
- All Scuba equipment and wetsuits